Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My Story

Wow in 3-5 sentences this is hard...Telling a story about me?...I took my first art lesson with an adult art class at the age of 7, at The School of The Art Institute of Chicago, over 50 years ago and after winning a 50.00 set of oil paints that year for my first still life made with oil paints,I was hooked and have been painting ever since then.It is still my passion and my lifeIt is who I am and it is what I do.... I know nothing else.my work is informed by literature about women who have suffered a trauma and their journey to heal.My intention is not to illustrate these stories rather to paint my emotional response to them.My works are typically 10' x 5' and emphasize emotive mark making and color.I have been nicknamed"Kandinsky"whilst working on a PHD in art in Australia.I leave you with this thought..Robert Frost said his poems must "begin with a lump in his throat"my art embraces this attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment